To start with, let us first simplify some of the basic terms used in the world of search engine optimization:
- SEO- Search engine optimization, the process of marketing, designing a website in such a way that it can communicate well with the search engines and hence increase in targeted traffic.
- Keyword - Search terms that users enter into the search box to find information
- Search engine spider the search engine program that scans a web site to get the content in it's database(Index)
- Crawl The process of indexing the content by a search engine spider program.
- Bounce Rate related to time spent by a user on the site.
- Direct traffic when there is no referral (search engine or other linking website) for the user's visit.
- Webmaster Tools are a set of features provided by search engines to help webmaster in the search engine optimization process.
- PageRank site's rating on the scale of 1 to 10 by Google. The more the page rank, the better traffic you can get on your website (other factors being equal)
- Link building - the process to get more incoming links to improve page rank